you're reading...

Silver Circles by Telescope

For weeks now, in between old black and white screen gem movies and award winning blockbusters, there’s been a commercial that has been driving me crazy. It makes me look every time. It makes me sing along. I’ll see this commercial at least twice an hour, 4 times during a two hour movie and I absolutely love it.

The commercial is the AMC October/November 2007 Movie Montage Ad. I searched high and low to find out who did the song, because it’s in my head and I’m persistent that way.

Here are the lyrics for the song. I tried to do my best in transcribing them. Please leave a comment if you download the mp3 available at the bottom of this post. I like to know whose day I’ve made.

Silver Circles by Telescope

Do I want you?… Yeah
And will I need you?… Yeah
I know some things may seem
Daunting like the memory but in you
I see, the gods are looking down on me

While you run around in circles in my brain
I realize you are the sweetest to come be with me
And I feel the ecstasy running wild inside of me
Yeah yeah yeah

Will I love you?… Yeah
And will that feed you?… Yeah
When you let yourself free, and open up
Your heart to me I’ll keep my promise true
My promise true

While you run around in circles in my brain
I realize you are the sweetest to come be with me
And I feel the ecstasy running wild inside of me
Yeah yeah yeah

In the fields that make you sad
Falls a rain to wash the bad
Feel you rise up from the ash
Walking from the aftermath

While you run around in circles in my brain
I realize you are the sweetest to come be with me
And I feel the ecstasy running wild inside of me

While you run around in circles in my brain
I realize you are the sweetest to come be with me
And I feel the ecstasy running wild inside of me
Yeah yeah yeah

Edited to add: Greg Wiz from the band emailed to thank me for spreading the word about them and gave me some changes for the lyrics (which I have already edited now). Thanks Greg and thanks for the music.

spinning… Silver Circles by Telescope.
mp3 | artist | buy

*Disclaimer
This link is available only for a short time. All music shared here is for the purpose of promotion. I encourage you to purchase anything that is recommended here, but that’s just according to my taste in music. If I have promoted your music and you wish to have its link removed from my site, ask and it shall be done. Please enjoy.

Discussion

19 Responses to “Silver Circles by Telescope”

1. my husband and i really love this song! that’s why i searched this on the internet to find out the title and the artist of the song.hoping i can download this for free :D more power to this website and thank u for posting and sharing the lyrics and the mp3.though im still trying to download the mp3.

Posted by cj | December 2, 2007, 10:14 am
  2. You are totally kick ass awesome! My brain can sleep well at night now knowing that I’ve found that song!!

Posted by Kris | December 3, 2007, 4:14 pm
  3. @cj: Ah, dialup. Hope you got it okay.

Posted by Christina | December 3, 2007, 11:37 pm
  4. @Kris: Why thank you! That’s exactly how I felt when I finally got it.

Posted by Christina | December 3, 2007, 11:38 pm
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I too was haunted by that song. Nice site by the way!

Posted by Pamela | December 4, 2007, 4:07 pm
  6. Great find and indeed you made my day! However, I was just getting this thing out of my head and I was so looking to get some sleep…and now…IT’S BACK :-)

Thanks again!

Posted by kingsnake11 | December 5, 2007, 3:49 pm
  7. this is perfect…thank you for posting the lyrics, this is my favorite new song and it’s been a long time since i had one! If this song is so good, I’m going to get their cd too!

Have fun!

Posted by Helen | December 5, 2007, 7:22 pm
  8. hello,

i have felt the same way as you, i first heard this song from the AMC commercial and i searched high and low and could not find it… which brings me to your site and guess what, you have the AMC commercial haha ain’t that great.

too bad i cannot download the mp3 from the link you have because i am required to have quicktime pro to be able to do so.

Posted by xhian | December 7, 2007, 2:05 am
  9. I love this song and I to have been looking for this forever since I saw that commercial.

Posted by paul | December 7, 2007, 6:39 pm
  10. Awesome, and thank you. I loved this tune after hearing the commercial. Perfect, catchy, soft. Radiohead or Snow Patrol-esque…

Posted by Eric | December 10, 2007, 5:43 pm
  11. This is awesome! I have been singing this song for the past 2 months, having now idea what is, or who sings it. Great job I appreciate the post and am surprised just how many other people are in the same predicament.

Posted by Mat | December 13, 2007, 4:05 pm
  12. tks we have been trying to hunt this song down also. do u know the name of the cd and where u can get it.

found several bands with the name “Telescope” – do u have any history

great site
    tks
    canada

Posted by patsy | December 15, 2007, 9:33 pm
  13. Thanks so much! I’ve been looking forever to this song.

Posted by :D | December 17, 2007, 4:04 pm
  14. Thank yo uthank you thank you. I searched for ages and finally gave up looking for this song. I just decided out of the blue to try once again and to my surprise someone had actually found the song! Awesome!

Posted by Helen | December 18, 2007, 8:08 am
  15. Thank you so much :) I love this song ever since i heard it and it drove me crazy trying to find it. I can see i’m not the only one though.

Posted by Jenny | January 13, 2008, 8:22 pm
  16. oh my, i absolutly ADORE this song :) And i thought i was going mental when i tried to find it and it just idn’t seem to exist lol. I’m glad it finally got spread around abit and isn’t so rare anymore :P

Posted by Shani | February 7, 2008, 3:00 pm
  17. I’ve been looking for this song for months on end ever since seeing that AMC commercial back in October! Much thanks, props to the band!

Posted by G. Freeman | February 27, 2008, 10:14 pm
  18. i’ve known this song for a while, and downloaded the mp3, but still would like to buy the CD if its available in toronto. my wife and i first heard this song while making out in the bed.. and can’t get it out of our head ever since… but now the lyrics is available… she will like it even more…

Posted by hop | March 7, 2008, 12:44 pm

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. [...] Wiz, from the band Telescope, personally emailed to thank me for spreading the word about them and gave me some changes for the lyrics (which I have already edited now). Thanks Greg and thanks [...]