you're reading...

Desert Island Comedies…

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
Best In Show
Groundhog Day
What About Bob
Ferris Beuller’s Day Off

They asked 22 funny people the same question. I had others too; PeeWee’s Big Adventure, any other Christopher Guest movie, All of Me, Back To The Beach. So tough to get it down to five, but this is a well-rounded list, I think. I’d NEVER tire of any of these movies.

Some of the answers in that article were odd, I found. Though they were extremely funny, I wouldn’t count Fargo or The Big Lebowski as huge comedies. And I say that with no disrespect. Those movies are both in my Top 10 All Time. Maybe our humour changes with the times, because I laughed a lot more watching Happy Gilmour than I did at Fargo.

So, what’s your All Time Favourite Top Five Desert Island Movies?

Discussion

8 Responses to “Desert Island Comedies…”

1. Tommy Boy is a classic…I’m blanking on others…I don’t get to watch many movies :)

Posted by Angella | November 13, 2006, 10:10 am
  2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Little Miss Sunshine, Life is Beautiful, FUBAR and Napoleon Dynamite. And maybe an episode or two of corrie ;)

Posted by Martha | November 13, 2006, 11:31 am
  3. Napoleon Dynamite = Funny

Posted by reddirtroad | November 13, 2006, 11:42 am
  4. Dumb and Dumber
    So I Married an Axe Murderer
    Happy Gilmour
    Anchorman
    Zoolander

What does that say about me? :)

Posted by Amanda | November 13, 2006, 1:56 pm
  5. I’m trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I’d say hi, I liked your blog.. :) Ferris Bueller is one of my all time faves ;) and I love Groundhog Day ;) I could just take that one to the desert island, that’s all I’d need ;)

Posted by Snoskred | November 13, 2006, 2:29 pm
  6. Wizard of Oz
    Magnolia
    Moulin Rouge

And, um, Newsies and The Incredibles, for sentimental reasons.

Posted by Leah | November 14, 2006, 2:56 pm
  7. Wait. I missed the part about “comedies.” I was wondering why y’all shunned the dramas.

So, um, I don’t think any of mine count.

Posted by Leah | November 14, 2006, 2:57 pm
  8. At first it would appear that we are all funny people and no one likes dramas. But that’s not the case. The Incredibles could be considered a comedy, though.

Posted by reddirtroad | November 14, 2006, 4:06 pm

Popular Posts

Healthy Thyroid
My Thyroid Story
April 15, 2012
By reddirtroad
Mother and Child
On naps and the occasional lack of…
April 14, 2012
By reddirtroad
Riding Bike
Riding Bike
April 1, 2012
By reddirtroad
Me and my boy Grayson
The blog is back.
March 28, 2012
By reddirtroad
Protected: Heartfelt Thanks
April 3, 2008
By reddirtroad

That’s What I’m Talking About

Thankful Inspiration Trash To Treasure Creativity The Internet Spout Nelson BC Canada The Kootenays Banner Window Shopping Digging Deep Celebrity The Boy Golf Music Thyroid Sociables Memes Photography Reflections Stanley Television Mind and Body Geek Web Design In Other News This And That Friends And Family Blogging Chronicles of Love